Choosing the YWCA to pursue your health and fitness goals supports the mission of empowering women and eliminating racism.
All fee services are available to non-members for an extra 20%.
To get started:
- Email me with your short story of where you’re at and what you want. firstname.lastname@example.org
- We schedule sessions.
- Pay the YWCA.
- Personal Training (PT)
- One-on-one workouts designed for where you’re at now and where you want to go. It is a process. The more time you put in, the more personal it gets. Initially it takes roughly 30-45min of talking to just get started. From there it’s about the workout. I am a level two trainer at the YWCA.
- Endurance Sports (ES) Coaching
- Get the big picture map, the route, and satellite support for your journey. In personal training I am the guide right there watching your steps, holding your water, and keeping you safe. In endurance sports coaching I am your outfitter, I supply the tools and send you on your way. The basic ES service is a personalized training plan. This is the map, your route, and your weekly schedule. On going coaching is the extra service that is like satellite support. Maybe you get off track, maybe you need a guide for the rough section, maybe you want accountability to stay on target.
- Total Immersion (TI) Swim Coaching
- This is the most effective method for learning efficient swimming. If you want to go longer and faster with less energy this is for you. It is not about fitness and all about technique. Whether you’re just getting started or a veteran swimmer this is such a valuable tool to invest in.
Classes that I teach
Register in person, over the phone, or online (click the + buttons to expand).
Restorative Athletics: Injury prevention for active people.
Practice Techniques that prevent injury, enhance your training, and increase performance. Whether you are a fitness enthusiast, competitive athlete or simply live an active life, this class will help keep you doing what you love. We’ll do myofascial release (foam rolling), yin yoga, and activation exercises. Tuesdays 7:45am Uptown YWCA. 6 week session for $80.
- T2: Bike and run brick workout.
Two hours of mixing up spinning and running. For all levels. Walkers welcome! More experienced athletes can extend it by doing a workout before class. Offered once a month at the Midtown YWCA January-May, then twice a month at Lake Nokomis June – August. $25 for a single class.
High Intensity Water Running
FREE – Members only (or guests of members).All out cardio training without the impact of running or the monotony of machines. 6am Wednesday’s Midtown YWCA